discuss
  • Chat Amongst Yourselves

The Harper’s BAZAAR Fall/Winter 2013 Runway Report features the hottest runway trends, insider picks, and the ability to instantly shop the looks at
    Lord & Taylor. If you haven’t had the chance to check it out yet, click HERE

We are anxious to hear your thoughts on this must-read. I am looking for your honest opinions so please feel free to share, the good and the bad!

As a thank you for your feedback, we will pick one participating Style Ambassador to win a $100 American Express gift card.

Comments

comments

Powered by Facebook Comments

1. Natasha says:

One word, OVERSIZED coats are one of my favorite looks on the runway this season. Flared skirts are such a feminine and chic wear to wear pencil skirts and this is something I will wear this Spring. Chunky sweaters are also a huge favorite of mine, but I dont think that EVER goes out of style.

2. Montelle says:

I love the top handle bags! It is reminiscent of the bags carried by Grace Kelly! I immediately wiped out my Chanel Kelly bag and started wearing it. It was so on trend! I also loved the red coat and the way it could be worn with pants and dresses. I look for this issue to re-work what I have and add a few key pieces to look more sophisticated!!! LOVE IT! 🙂

3. Saneeta says:

The updated cable knit sweaters was my favorite. I love the idea of a basic cable knit sweater but modernize it with a tailored pant and structured skirt!

4. Melissa says:

I love the ways coats are featured, and the section on color for fall is my favorite– pink coats! I’m in love! The beauty and hair features were both extra-intriguing to me, too. The Runway Report gave me many exciting new ideas, and makes it much more likely I’ll be taking a trip to Lord & Taylor more often!

5. Paula says:

I am totally LOVING the navy, the skinny pants and most especially the fur & swing coats! It is always inspiring to see these looks, and of course the hair and makeup….. to. die. for.
    I have to say that the best part of this spread was that you could click onto the purse on the bottom and get it or a similar look at Lord & Taylor! With all of us being sooo busy these days and shopping for people on our list, we don’t have enough time to shop for ourselves the way we should. I know for myself that if I need something I have to go to a store and get it that day because I’m on a time constraint and don’t have enough time to look around. This idea eliminates that hassle! This was a GREAT marketing idea by BAZAAR and L & T! Way to go guys! You really knocked it out of the park on this one!!

6. Anna says:

Thank you “Runway Report” for having selections that are the most fresh and up to the minute but applicable to real life! Ok there were a few exceptions like the blue ostrich skirt and the girl in the black panties and fur coat, but we get it. We all need a little fantasy to inspire creativity in putting together our daily (or evening) outfits!

Loved the “New Navy”…have always been a fan of the sapphire stone and this reminds me of it. The maxi length suits caught my eye…great idea for those ladies in chilly climates to be able to dress up without a draft.

The shopping bag link is perfectly subtle. Almost too handy…From now on we will all be looking for it. Way to go HB!

7. Debbie says:

Totally my style!! I love it all. The midi and pencil skirts, the coats, lady like bags. I love the evening skirts, but I am going to wear them for day with sandals, a tank top and statement necklace.

8. Stefanie says:

I absolutely loved the Runway Report because it featured so many great styles and fashion ideas. I really loved the coats coverage as well as the skirts, the new navy color, the jewelry and beauty sections. This was a great addition to the magazine and definitely game me some style ideas to try. I loved it!

9. Betsy says:

Pencil skirts are always a great look for me so I was really excited to see them. I love dark colors like navy…a great classic even more stylish than black too.

10. Endira says:

The Runway Report was a great addition to the Harper’s Bazaar monthly edition. It is thorough in covering hottest colors for the upcoming season. I absolutely loved the Think Pink section. The Black and White section was also phenomenal, and I loved how the following Lord & Taylor ad further elaborated on that color combination. I valued the Key Pieces because it allowed me to research my wardrobe and decide what I need to acquire for the season.

11. Nancy says:

I loved all the different silhouettes in the runway report. The oversized coats paired with slimming turtlenecks make for a unique outfit. I loved that these styles are ready to be worn. Im excited to mix up my closet with some new statement pieces.

12. Susan says:

I absolutely LOVED the Fall Report…all the best trends in one spot. It’s like the ultimate style shopping list. My favorite trends are the top handled bags (so ladylike), navy as a neutal (so fresh), and hair with volume (I am so sick of the flat iron!). Now I just need to go shopping!

13. Jen says:

Love, love, love the gray and blush tones, slouchy trousers, and stunning oversize coats in luxe fabrics. I will definitely be on the lookout for a great pair of leather leggings to mix with the booties and bold lip I have already been rocking the last few seasons . . . 🙂

14. Chris says:

I thought the Harper’s BAZAAR Fall/Winter 2013 Runway Report was fresh and exciting looking—a particular favorite of mine are the pastels. I love the thought of wearing pastels in the fall especially a pink dress—what a way to cheer up a chilly day. I also liked the silhouettes—the over sized statement coats, the longer skirts that flare out a bit at the hem. Some of the shapes made me think of the thirties—all in all there’s lots of exciting looks this fal9 (the Zac Posen top handle bag in the wish list section was to die for BTW).

15. Kelly says:

The Runway Report is a great addition and covers every section of style and beauty! I’m still seeing hints of 1920’s fashion from hair to swing coats to bold lips! Hello menswear! Menswear updated styles for or women are absolutely my favorite. It’s chic and comfortable!

16. Jaimie says:

The Runway Report was awesome! Everything I needed to know about the season’s current looks in an easy to navigate format. Great job! I’m really excited that designers are focusing less on prints and more on a minimalist, classic look.

I loved the New Hues. Neutral colors like grey, navy and the traditional black and white combo are going to be great for layering. Even the blush and petal pinks looked good paired with everything.

Oversized coats paired with tailored pantsuits and midi skirts are my favorite look! Using different textures and silhouettes makes the pale palettes more exciting but keeps the look sophisticated.

The Beauty Report was very informing. I enjoyed the “faux bangs” and 1940’s hairs inspiration. Oxblood will always be perfect for everything: lips, nails, everything.

Wonderful report! I will definitely be using this to update my looks as well as find new key pieces to add!

17. Rachelle says:

Beauty, Fashion, Trends, and Holidays are in the air. I am pumped about the stellar fall 2013 runway report, it’s effecting me so much that I am seeing beautiful things everywhere! I look outside and the snow is surreal; it’s like little sparkling diamonds fluttering around.

Let’s get down to fashion business.

I love coats in general, in every shape. I am thrilled to see the coats everywhere, my favorite look for the season is the chic swing style coat. These silhouettes are timeless, and speaking of time, you can wear them anytime day or night, Fabulous! At the moment I am absolutely drooling over the pink coats, and grey coats. These outwear pieces are essential to fashion now, and they were stated very well in the runway report. I would dazzle in the coat with a dress or some of those high fashion slim cigarette pants.

The report was thoroughly outlined from one spectrum to the next. All the different clothing pieces from, sweaters to skirts. Of course the favorite stylist picks, and the colors of the season were revealed.

The coverage I was most impressed with was, the killer accessory and beauty runway reports. These trends are so important to the economy as a whole. This because we can’t all buy the outfit, but with a little creativity and fun we can buy the right color of lip stick, a pair of shoes, update our hair, and/or buy a hand bag and feel like we have a while new look. I feel this is essential.

My Top 5 must haves from the accessory and beauty report:

1. I loved the glamour hair! It reminds me of season 1 of the Carrie Diaries. I am totally going curly, blonde, and bouncy!

2.The punk necklace. It totally glams up any outfit!

3. Bold red and pink lips. Yum.

4. Oxblood nails and short no less.

5. The Booties. So Haute.

18. Olga says:

I’m loving Navy for sure. It’s a great change to just basic black. I’m also a big fan of chunky sweaters. You can dress them up or down. My favorite look is the the top handle handbags. I’ve got to get one of those this season. And as far as shoes go…yes to booties! They are great for the city winters.

I know that the over-sized coats are big this this season…but that’s not for me. I’m a bit petite and they just drown me.

19. Lyneé says:

Sorry I’m a little late to the game! Here’s what I think:

I love that gold jewelry has made a comeback.

The fact that you can finally find skirts that hit past the knee is a relief, and I was excited to see the “fashion for the masses” like H&M adopt the trend quickly.

Love the ankle bootie, I also love pairing them with a knee sock scrunched along my calves.

As far as hair and makeup (my favorite subject), lips that pop is my favorite trend, however because I live in Wisconsin, children stare, middle aged women scoff, and old ladies run up to tell me they LOVE the lip color. Guess you can’t win over everyone, but I’ll continue buying my MAC Candy Yum Yum while I swim through a sea of beige.

I love the extremes of hair with texture and volume (I use Batiste dry shampoo $8 Walgreens and a teasing comb to achieve va-va-voom hair on models) and then the perfect sleek bun, especially the Dolce and Gabbana look with the slight middle part.

In a nutshell? The Runway Report was gorgeous. Getting the majority where I live to look past how thin the model is and learn a little from the pages is the real challenge.

20. bazaar says:

Hey Style Ambassadors!

Thanks so much for this AMAZING feedback on the Harper’s BAZAAR Fall/Winter Runway Report.

As a true voice for the BAZAAR brand, we value your opinions and can’t thank you enough for participating.

Feel free to carry on the conversation – we have selected our winner at random and will be in touch about your prize!

Noelle

21. Sarah says:

Oh, the danger that comes with having everything linked up to Lord & Taylor to shop right away…
    Really love the stream-line layout of the Runway Report.

As far as trends go: love the navy, black & white; hated the pinks. Just doesn’t read as “fall” to me. My favorite featured look was from Altuzarra- I’m a black leather fan. 🙂

22. Rachel says:

The Harper’s Bazaar Runway Report was just what I needed before shopping for the Fall/Winter season. I love how you show the colors (LOVE pink and gray!) of the season along with different trends (yay lady coats and fit and flare shapes!). I’m also a fan of lists like your “Key Pieces”. I love that format for knowing what to be shopping for for a new season. I still need to find myself a nice cable-knit sweater and slouchy trousers for this season. Oh, and that little pink dress by Jill Stuart is to die for!

23. Did anyone else enter the sweepstakes?
    “THE SHIRT THAT STOLE OUR HEARTS”

I grew up in the 80’s seeing the likes of Lauren Bacall draped in a sexy button down shirt showing a bit more than her collar bone.
    I wasn’t even in my teens and became obsessed with having not just a collar bone stick out like a necklace but that my bones protrude through my chest and I too would wear a silky button down shirt just like she did. But being just about 10 and going through those awkward years and baby fat, which I held on to till I was 19, I kid you not! It wasn’t till 2010 that I tried on and purchased my own Equipment shirt. It was perfect! I bought it in a blush tone and I wore it open, unbuttoned daringly low and threw back the collar, and it framed every bone in my chest up to my collar bone; it was my jewel of choice.

And the audience LOVES me! And I love them! And they love me for lovin’ them and I love them for lovin’ me. And we love each other! And that’s ’cause none of us got enough love in our childhoods. And that’s showbiz…kid!
    ( Fred Ebb of The Fan) credit to lecinemadreams.blogspot.com

Post Comment in form below and Discuss.

facebook twitter pinterest tumblr